Wednesday, March 18, 2015

ATM Interactive

Palettes containing one trillion dollars. Note man at left. Credit: PageTutor
In February, the Obama administration proposed a $4.07 trillion dollar budget. The budget numbers are difficult for me to imagine. I mean, who's ever seen a trillion dollars?
Over the past several years, I've tried to sift through the federal dollars to learn more about what the U.S. government spends on programs related to Cuba.
I created ATM Interactive to display visual graphics that make it easier to see and understand where the money goes. I have been using Tableau, amazing software that makes databases and spreadsheets easier to comprehend and visualize.
I have posted some graphics to my blog, Along the Malecón, but the pages are too narrow for you to get the full interactive experience of the graphic.

No comments:

Post a Comment